When planning a renovation for home, tile is one of the major considerations. Choosing among the hundreds of colours, shapes, and sizes can be really intimidating and then one also has to keep in mind the home’s resale value. This, in turn, makes homeowners go for basic neutrals all over the house.
Maintenance and finding a look that would not go out of style are big factors that need to be kept in mind. But, after so much thought the end result is worth the search – giving walls a distinct personality through texture, colour, and pattern. Anywhere you apply decorative materials; a mood can be created.
Read on to find out tips on how tiles can give any plain surface a charming and delightful touch:
– Tiles can be useful for tricking the eye and making an area look and feel bigger. Go for a linear plank-style tile that can give a room the appearance of greater height or length. Try using linear bathroom tiles for an illusion of a bigger area.
– Use of natural stone conveys a sense of serenity and usage of glass imparts a glamorous feel. So pick what fits your bill!
– Glazed vitrified tiles or polished vitrified tiles along with porcelain can withstand the rigours of foot traffic in a myriad of patterns and colours. Choose these tiles for areas such as the kitchen, hallways and entryways.
– A richly textured tile can give any surface an air of sophistication, such as a repeating chevron or mosaic pattern of tiles on the floor can give a feeling of movement. This works great for the living room.
– Opt for black coloured tiles that are dramatic in nature and have a really good foundation, mixing it with a lighter coloured tile to help maintain a balance for a strong effect. Try this for your powder room!